Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Personal training.

Well, I finally broke down and joined a gym.  I've been looking for a personal trainer in Kingwood and decided that $50/half hour was outrageous.  I thought that a gym membership might bring that fee down a little, and as it turns out, Golds Gym offers a membership option that includes 6 personal training sessions. 

So, does anyone out there use a personal trainer?  If you do, how does your trainer help you with skating?  Did they look at you like you had a potted plant growing out of your head when you told them you skate, or were they excited?  How much education did you have to do? 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I started working with a personal trainer last fall and she is great at coming up with sport-specific exercises for my skating. And no, she didn't think I was crazy although she doesn't seem too interested in talking about who is doing well on the Grand Prix circuit. I told her the main focus areas for me were being able to develop strength and endurance in the sit-spin position and developing more jumping power. While I'm not doing triple axels yet, my sit-spins have definitely improved.

    ReplyDelete