Saturday, January 1, 2011

Top Ten Goals if I Was Guaranteed to Succeed

Several years ago, I attended a time management seminar by Frank Sanitate.  The most valuable tool I took home from that was setting my Top Ten Goals If I Was Guaranteed to Succeed.  Then you commit to taking one step towards one goal each week. 

Why the condition, "if I was guaranteed to succeed"?  It keeps you from limiting yourself.  So, for instance, I want to attend Dorothy Hamill's Fantasy Figure Skating Camp.  Conventional wisdom says I shouldn't make that a goal because I know I won't have the funds to go this year.  But, by removing that limitation, I free myself up to dream and work towards it anyway.

My goals-without-limits for 2011 are . . .

1.  Pass my Silver moves (yes, this means passing bronze moves first)
2.  Compete in 3 competitions
3.  Get my bronze test judging appointment
4.  Find a skating partner
5.  Start my own business
6.  Go back to school for training to start my own business
7.  Have a baby
8.  Go on one date a week with Carl
9.  Take a vacation with Carl
10.  Lose 30 pounds
11.  Go to Dorothy Hamill's Fantasy Figure Skating Camp

Here's my challenge to you.  Share your top 10 goals, without limitations, then each week, share what steps you took towards achieving those goals.  Remember, the commitment is to take one step towards achieving one goal each week, not one step towards each goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment