Wednesday, October 6, 2010

What's your workout?

One thing that has really bugged me since I took up skating again is how little guidance is available for adult skaters.  Obviously, you can't teach someone how to do a layback spin in a blog, so I'm not trying to take the place of your coach.

I can find tons of information and step-by-step instructions for all sorts of activities, like yoga or exercise for general weight loss.  Not so with figure skating.  I know of one ice dance instructional video, Learn to Ice Dance.  I've seen one video, Sk8Strong, that provides an off-ice workout.

So my first question:  have you used any of these resources, or anything similar?  If you have, please share!

My next question, what do you do for your workouts, both on- and off-ice.  I'll post some of my current workouts in separate posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment